|Ingredients||Seafood, Potatoes, Vegetables|
|Day Part||Dinner, Lunch|
Source: Executive Chef Joseph Gillard Napa Valley Grille Westwood, CA
Smoky, sweet and sour flavors combine to make this salad stand out on the menu.
2 smoked trout fillets (rainbow, brown or golden)
1 ruby red grapefruit, segments only, juice reserved
1/2 cup peppadew peppers, pickling juice reserved
1/2 lb. fingerling potatoes, roasted and sliced
2 heads frisee, roots removed, washed and kept chilled until ready to use
4 radishes, thinly sliced
8 chives, thinly sliced
2 shallots, peeled and minced
6 oz. Sweet Chile Vinaigrette (recipe follows)
Sweet Chile Vinaigrette
2 oz. reserved grapefruit juice
2 oz. Thai chile sauce
1 oz. reserved peppadew pepper juice
1 oz. canola oil
- Remove skin and any bones from trout fillets.
- Trim skin and pith from grapefruit; carefully remove segments. Save juice for vinaigrette.
- Toss trout and grapefruit with peppers, potatoes, frisee, radishes, chives and shallots.
- Prepare vinaigrette: In jar, shake together all ingredients.
- Add vinaigrette to salad and toss.