Source: Chef Daniel Burrows, Heinz Senior Corporate Chef
Gourmet sliders are popping up on restaurant menus nationwide. Fun four-biters that make a satisfying meal for one, or a crowd-pleasing appetizer to share. A little country flair goes into our State Fair Pork Sliders, featuring fried pork dipped in a savory sauce and topped with crunchy cabbage.
Pork tenderloins – 2
All-purpose flour – 1 cup
Shiitake mushroom powder – 1 cup
Eggs, lightly beaten – 3
Panko breadcrumbs – 2 cups
Slider rolls, toasted – 1 dozen
Lea & Perrins® Signature Steak Sauce – 1 cup
Heinz® Ketchup – 1 cup
Soy sauce – ½ cup
Heinz® Balsamic Vinegar – ¼ cup
Cabbage, fine julienne – ½ head
Rice vinegar – ¼ cup
- Peel, trim and cut pork tenderloins into 12 medallions. Pound pork medallions between plastic wrap until 1⁄4” thick with meat mallet.
- Mix flour and mushroom powder. Coat pork in flour-mushroom mix, then dip in egg, and then in panko crumbs.
- Heat pan over medium flame and pan-fry in your choice of fat.
- Keep warm.
- Mix all umami sauce ingredients together and set aside.
- Mix all slaw ingredients together and set aside. Salt and pepper, to taste.
- Dip fried pork in umami sauce. Put on rolls, top with cabbage slaw and serve.