Thai dishes have been dominating the emerging cuisine scene. The recipe below is simple to prepare, easy to like, and showcases the balance of sweet, salty, and sour flavors Thai is known for.
2 lb fresh PEI mussels
2 oz white wine
1 tsp finely chopped red onions
3 tbsp sweet chili sauce
2 tbsp fresh chopped cilantro
1⁄4 lime squeezed
- Rinse fresh PEI mussels in cold water.
- In a sauté pan add your mussels then add the white wine, red onions, sweet chili sauce and the cilantro.
- Finish with the squeeze lime and drop it on top.
- Cover pan and allow to steam until mussels start to open up.
- Sautee the pan occasionally to insure the Chili sauce coats all the mussels. Discard any mussels that do not open.
- Serve mussels and sauce in a large oval bowl.