Szechuan Turkey Chili
|Ingredients||Poultry, Vegetables, Rice, Beans|
|Day Part||Lunch, Dinner|
This turkey chili is made hot with Szechuan seasonings. For authenticity serve it with sticky rice and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
1 1/2 lbs ground turkey
1 tsp canola oil
1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced
1/2 cup green bell pepper, diced
1/2 cup yellow onion, diced
1 tbsp garlic, minced
1 tbsp fresh gingerroot, peeled and minced
1/2 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
1 15-oz can diced tomatoes
1 15-oz can kidney beans, drained
8 oz tomato sauce
1/2 tsp five spice powder
1 tsp ground black pepper
2 tbsp chili powder
1 tsp wasabi powder
2 tbsp Asian chili paste
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp sesame oil
8 cups sticky rice, cooked
2 tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
1. Brown turkey in canola oil and drain. Reserve the liquid.
2. In the reserved drippings, saute the peppers, onion, garlic and ginger. Do not brown.
3. Add soy sauce, tomatoes, beans and tomato sauce. Bring to a boil, reduce heat.
4. Return cooked turkey to the stockpot. Stir in all other ingredients, except the rice and sesame seeds. Simmer for 1 hour over low heat.
5. For each portion, serve in a large shallow bowl with sticky rice. Sprinkle rice with toasted sesame seeds.