|Ingredients||Vegetables, Beans, Bread, Dairy, Meat|
Source: Chef Hinnerk von Bargen, Associate Professor in Culinary Arts
Burger lovers are trading up to more sophisticated, fun and creative burger selections with unique ingredients that cater to regional and ethnic tastes. Our meaty Texas-Style Burger is a hearty combination of sweet and spicy flavors inspired by the “bigger is better” credo of the Lone Star State.
Beef shoulder, 80% lean, ground – 1 lb., 4 oz.
Salt and pepper – To taste
Heinz® Honey Barbecue Sauce – 4 oz.
Burger buns, plain – 4
Sour cream ¬– 8 oz.
Iceberg lettuce, large leaves ¬– 8, 2 per burger
Refried beans – 5 oz.
Pickled jalapeños, sliced – 24 slices, 6 per burger
Bacon, crispy – 8 slices, 2 per burger
Mozzarella cheese, sliced ¬– 4 slices, 1 per burger
- Shape beef into four 5-oz. patties and press to 1⁄2” thickness.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and sear on both sides on a char grill, cooking to an internal temperature of 130°F.
- Brush with Heinz® Honey Barbecue Sauce, flip over and brush on other side. Allow to caramelize slightly on both sides.
- Toast burger buns and spread with sour cream.
- Place lettuce onto lower bun halves.
- Top cooked burger patties with refried beans, pickled jalapeños, bacon and cheese and broil to melt cheese.
- Assemble burger and serve.