Veal Chops with Smoky Sweet Potato Sauce
These grilled veal chops are a tantalizing delight. Sweet potatoes are mashed and thinned with apple juice and cream for an unusual sauce that delights the palate.
8 14-oz. veal chops
4 tsp. cinnamon
7 tsp. cumin
Sweet potato sauce:
3 cups sweet potatoes, grilled and mashed
2 cups apple juice, unsweetened
2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (add 1 tsp. adobo sauce for added heat, if desired)
1⁄4 cup heavy cream
Salt and pepper
- Massage dry rub into chops; set aside.
- To make sweet potato sauce, place mashed potatoes in food processor and slowly add apple juice.
- Add chipotle peppers and process until completely combined. Add more apple juice if necessary.
- Put mixture back into saucepan, season with salt and pepper, and simmer. Add cream and heat through.
- Grill veal chops to desired doneness and serve with sweet potato sauce.