Source: Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board
Zucchini and potatoes are baked with rosemary and layered on grilled pizza crust. Wisconsin fontina and blue cheeses balance the floral notes of the herbs.
1 1/2 cups Yukon gold potatoes, thinly sliced
2 tbsp. olive oil, divided
Salt and pepper
3 sprigs fresh rosemary, divided
1 1/2 cups zucchini, thinly sliced
1 lb. prepared pizza dough
2 cups (8 oz.) Wisconsin fontina cheese, shredded
1/2 cup (2 oz.) Wisconsin blue cheese, crumbled
- Prepare outdoor gas grill to medium high over direct heat.
- Place sheet of aluminum foil on work surface. Place sliced potatoes in center of foil sheet. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil, salt and pepper. Add 1 sprig rosemary. Wrap foil up and around potatoes, creating a sealed pouch. If desired, wrap in second sheet of foil.
- Repeat packaging in foil with zucchini slices, combining with 1 tablespoon olive oil, salt, pepper and 1 rosemary sprig.
- Place potato pouch on grill over direct heat. Cook for 15-20 minutes, rotating frequently, until potato slices are cooked through but still firm.
- Place zucchini pouch on grill. Cook 5-7 minutes, rotating frequently.
- Remove both pouches from grill. Carefully open foil and cool slightly.
- Divide dough into two halves. On floured surface, roll each half into 10-inch round.
- Chop remaining rosemary.
- Brush grill grates with olive oil and set to high heat. Using floured unrimmed baking sheet or pizza peel, carefully transfer dough to grill. Close lid and cook dough approximately 2 minutes, until bottom is browned and crisp. Flip dough and cook 1 minute until second side is partially cooked (not fully browned or crisp). Remove dough from grill and place on floured surface partially cooked side down.
- Working quickly, top dough evenly with fontina, potatoes and zucchini. Return to grill, close lid and cook 1 minute. Distribute blue crumbles evenly over pizza and cook 1 minute, or until bottom side of dough is browned and crisp. Remove from grill. Garnish with chopped rosemary. Cool 1-2 minutes before cutting and serving.