I’ve never been one of those shoppers who ventures out in the pitch dark the Friday after Thanksgiving to snag one of 100 bargain-priced TVs or limited-edition Barbie dolls. But the activity is as traditional as Mom’s sweet potato casserole and Aunt Carol’s pecan pie on the Thanksgiving table. Still stuffed as full as the Thanksgiving turkey in the early morning, by afternoon, Black Friday shoppers are going to need some sustenance to keep going.
Several restaurants are piggybacking on the day’s bargain-hunting mania with some kind of deal—many of which extend throughout the weekend and the holiday season. A number of the promotions require users to sign up for a loyalty program. And others only offer a discount if a shopper buys gift cards to the chain.
Here’s a rundown of how the extended group hopes to catch shoppers’ attention.
- Logan’s Roadhouse kicks off a Moonshine Chicken promotion on Black Friday. The special is available for $8.99 through the weekend.
- PizzaRev is treating shoppers to $5 pizzas at 28 locations in California, Colorado, Texas, Utah, South Dakota, and Minnesota. Customers can also get a $20 bonus card with a purchase of $50 in gift cards.
- Stevi B’s also has a pizza deal in the works. The buffet chain is offering a 10- percent-off coupon good for anything customers order. The offer extends through Nov. 30.
- Carl’s Jr. is catering to burger fans on Friday, but they have to remember to print out the coupons before they go shopping. With coupon in hand, customers get $1 off a Tex-Mex Bacon Thickburger Combo and a free small peach papaya green sweetened iced tea.
- Red Lobster guests can get a free appetizer or dessert on Friday if they register for the seafood chain’s Fresh Catch Club.
- McAlister's Deli’s "Win One, Gift One" promotion begins on Black Friday. The sandwich chain will randomly select one winner daily to receive two $25 McAlister's gift cards, one to keep and one to give. The promotion runs through December 24.
- TGI Fridays is capitalizing on its name by offering Black Friday shoppers a free appetizer and dessert. By signing up for the chain’s TGI Fridays Stripes Club membership, customers get a credit for the freebies via email, plus a “skip the line” coupon. The latter may be the best deal yet if there are more bargains to snag and time is running out.
- ESquared Hospitality, an independent restaurant group based in New York City, offers shoppers an opportunity to drown their sorrows if they don’t score in the stores. Horchata is running a $30 Black Friday Boozy Brunch and Casa Nonna, a day-long happy hour with discounted drinks and bar snacks.