HOUSTON, (August 23, 2011)—FreshPoint, Inc., a subsidiary of Sysco Corp., is offering customers a mobile phone application with access to sales materials, online ordering and more.
Features of the mobile app include:
- Direct access to www.myfreshpoint.com to place orders
- Customized options to help select location and view updated point-of-sale materials
- Storage and cooler tips
- Ripening guides
- Access to information on locally grown produce
- Breaking news and produce information through “Fresh Press”
- Direct access to Facebook, Twitter and Chef’s Connect Forum for news and events.
“In our constantly changing foodservice industry, we want our customers to be aware of what is happening day to day,” said Brian Sturgeon, president and chief executive officer of FreshPoint. “Our new FreshPoint mobile app provides us with a unique opportunity to showcase our products and services. It’s just another way to put the information that our customers want into their hands in real time.”
The app will be free at iTunes and in the Android Market. For more information, go to freshpointapp.com.