While not a completely unfamiliar term, line busting is gaining new currency as handheld devices enable operators to zap orders back to the kitchen from customers queued up at counters and drive-thrus. Part of the time patrons spend standing in line can then be used to prep their orders, moving them through the process more quickly.
- High-tech Zume Pizza makes 2 key appointments
- Just how popular is Starbucks’ mobile pay?
- The restaurant of the future isn’t as far off as we think
- Chili’s warns of a data breach
- Smart kitchens can bring restaurant owners some relief