Code for Asynchronous jQuery Munchkin Tracking Code
- Domino’s has raised the fee it charges franchisees for a digital order to 21 cents, from the previous levy of 17 cents. The increase is necessary to pay for the proliferation of ordering options, executives said.
- One Domino’s store will test a new customer-loyalty program, according to CEO Patrick Doyle.
- 85 percent of consumers wish they could check the wait times at a restaurant via their smartphones, and 83 percent wish they could add their names to the list at that time, according to a new study from OpenTable.
- One in 10 dine-in parties at a Chili’s use the ordering console atop their tables to play a game, for which they pay a fee, according to research from Packaged Facts.
- Restaurant guests with kids in tow are 56 percent more likely to pay via mobile app, according to the same study.
- The second-quarter earnings season’s first entry in the Double-Digit Sales Honor Roll is Domino’s, with an average comps increase of 12.8 percent systemwide.
- Three restaurant companies named a new president: Barteca Holdings (Jeff Carcara), Eddie Merlot’s (Geoffrey Stiles) and Wingstop’s international division (Larry Kruguer).