As consumers continue to pay more attention to their health, the demand for high quality, premium ingredients is on the rise. In fact, according to Technomic’s 2018 Healthy Eating report, 57% of consumers say that when they want to order healthy items, they look for claims of natural ingredients on menus. Additionally, 44% of consumers say they are more concerned about the additives in their food than they were two years ago. Pair this with consumer desire for global foods and ethnic cuisines, and it’s the perfect opportunity for operators. By combining clean label ingredients with unique and perhaps unfamiliar flavors, hungry diners who are interested in better-for-you foods as well as ethnic dishes might be more likely to order those new menu items.
Check out these interesting ways to pair clean label poultry with global ingredients and flavors—they’re a surefire menu hit.
Chicken gets an upgrade
Chicken is many diners’ favorite protein. According to Technomic’s 2017 Center of the Plate: Poultry report, a whopping 83% of consumers say they eat it at least occasionally. That’s higher than any other protein. Additionally, 62% of consumers say that they’d be likely to order chicken dishes with ethnic flavors at restaurants, so pairing global flavors with chicken can be a great way to encourage ordering.
Try these options:
- Thai Chicken Grain Bowl – bold with flavors of peanut, lime, crushed red pepper, spices and more
- Indian Butter Chicken – warm and comforting, spiced with Indian flavors and made deliciously indulgent with tomato and cream
- Chorizo-Stuffed Chicken Breast: Perdue Harvestland Organic Chicken (free-range and raised with a 100% vegetarian diet, plus no antibiotics) stuffed with chicken chorizo and Mexican-inspired spices
Turkey: not just for Thanksgiving
Technomic’s Center of the Plate: Poultry report finds that nearly half of all consumers say they eat turkey at least occasionally. Bump up that frequency by taking turkey beyond the holiday dinner table with these tasty options.
- Caprese Meatball Sliders – perfect any time, these cheesy turkey meatball sliders are an upgrade from traditional game day fare
- Pan-Fried Turkey Tostada – a twist on tacos that combines pulled turkey, avocado vinaigrette and fresh pico de gallo
- Chimichurri-Stuffed Turkey Breast – Perdue turkey cutlets (with no antibiotics ever), plus bright herbs and roasted tomato sauce make this Argentinian-inspired offering a winner
By combining fresh, premium ingredients such as chicken and turkey raised with no antibiotics and fed a vegetarian diet, with unique ingredients from around the globe, operators can menu winning ethnic dishes with ease.
This post is sponsored by Perdue Foodservice