The Association and its team of ServSafe food safety experts and recommendations from the CDC, FDA, EPA, OSHA and ASHRAE, issued an updated version of the COVID-19 Operating Guidance to help the restaurant industry continue to operate safely and efficiently during the pandemic.
Key updates include:
- New protocols for maintenance of HVAC and air-circulation systems.
- Information on portable air cleaners—also known as air purifiers—that could be helpful when operations can’t ventilate with outdoor air without compromising indoor comfort, or when air pollution is high.
- The proper PPE to wear when changing air filters
- Food safety best practices for (employee-served) cafeteria-style foodservice.
- Additional information on addressing employee personal hygiene and health, such as what to do in the event an employee is exposed to COVID-19 or they test positive.
Download the update here.