These low-carb cannelloni are made with egg-roll wraps instead of pasta and are filled with vegetables and a blend of cheeses.
1 gal. julienne yellow onion
1/2 cup olive oil
1 cup roasted garlic
1 cup chiffonade fresh basil
1 #10 can artichoke hearts
5 lb. ricotta
1/2 gal. mozzarella
2 tbsp. black pepper
2 tbsp. kosher salt
128 egg roll wraps
1 1/2 gal. Diablo Sauce
8# shredded mozzarella
1 #10 can marinara sauce
2 tbsp. red pepper flakes
2 cups heavy cream
1/2 cup roasted garlic
- Caramelize onions in olive oil.
- Add artichokes and cook until broken down.
- Add garlic and basil, allow to cool. Blend in remaining ingredients.
- Roll 2 1/2 ounces filling in each wrapper. Fold in sides and place two pieces in rimmed bowls.
- Top with Diablo Sauce and bake until 165°F.
- Once hot, top with 2 ounces shredded mozzarella. Place back in oven until cheese is brown.
- Sauté garlic and pepper flakes in heavy bottom sauce pan for 2 minutes.
- Add marinara and bring to simmer.
- Add cream and blend until smooth.