Baked Omelet Squares
Holy Redeemer Health System
Cura, an Elior company
For customers on high-protein, low-carb diets, a breakfast sandwich is not always the best choice. Cura chefs developed this breadless breakfast alternative that is both portable and convenient. The omelet is baked into squares to grab-and-go.
8½ oz. reduced-sodium ham
5 oz. yellow onion
5 oz. green bell peppers
1¾ oz. margarine
3¼ tbsp. all-purpose flour
1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
2½ cups milk
6¾ oz. American cheese
1 lb. 1 oz. frozen liquid eggs, thawed
- Dice ham and chop onions and peppers; combine and set aside.
- In large saucepan, melt margarine. Stir in flour and pepper until smooth. Cook 5 minutes.
- Gradually stir in milk. Cook until thickened, stirring constantly. Stir in ham, onions and peppers; cook 2 minutes. Stir in eggs; mix well and remove from heat.
- Preheat oven to 325 F. Grease 12-by-20 two-inch deep baking pan. Pour egg mixture into pan. Set pan in another pan filled with hot water.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35-45 minutes or until set. To serve, cut into squares.