Beer-brining makes this pork tender and flavorful. Seared and then lightly roasted, the sliced pork is fragrant and delicious.
12 sprigs fresh thyme
6 sprigs fresh rosemary
2 qt. beer
2⁄3 cup sugar
1 oz. curing salt
6 cloves garlic, crushed
3 bay leaves
1 shallot, chopped
5 pork tenderloins, 1 1⁄4 - 1 1⁄2 lb. each, trimmed
Clarified butter, as needed
Salt and pepper, to taste
1. In a large saucepan combine cut herbs, beer, sugar, salt, garlic, bay leaves, and shallot. Bring mixture to a boil and cook until sugar and salt have dissolved. Cool; refrigerate.
2. Add pork to brine. Marinate overnight, turning once. Drain pork, blot dry.
3. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter and sear pork on all sides.
4. Transfer seared pork to roasting pan, cook for 20 min. in a 350° F. oven, turning once.
5. Remove pork from oven and allow to rest 5 min. before slicing and serving.