Chef Stefano Masanti
In this twist on a classic dish, chef Masanti substitutes the ancient grain buckwheat for rice in the risotto, which adds nutrients as well as a deeper, nuttier flavor.
2 oz. bitter herbs
Extra-virgin olive oil, as needed
1 oz. soy sauce
1 tsp. garlic oil
1 oz. pine nuts, toasted
12 oz. buckwheat grains
3 oz. goat milk
Hot water, as needed
2 oz. fresh goat cheese
1 oz. trout caviar
1. For pesto: Blend the herbs with some olive oil, soy sauce, pine nuts and garlic oil until creamy.
2. Heat some olive oil in a pan, add the buckwheat and toast for 1 minute.
3. Add the goats milk and slowly add some water until cooked.
4. Add the goat cheese and mix until you obtain a risotto-like consistency.
5. Set risotto in plate, add trout caviar and finish with soy sauce and bitter herb pesto.