Chocolate Almond Cheesecake Parfaits
Chef Dennis Rivera
The Terrace at Phoebe Allentown
This simple dessert is easy to portion into single-serving to-go cups or more decorative parfait glasses, if serving on a patio or at a catered event. Chef Dennis Rivera of The Terrace at Phoebe Allentown menus the chocolate mousse-cheesecake parfaits on multiple occasions and they’re always a hit with the senior living residents.
400 g. milk chocolate
5 g. gelatin sheets
25 g. cold water
470 g. heavy cream
160 g. egg yolks
50 g. whole eggs
100 g. milk powder
40 g. water
¼ tsp. salt
3 lb. cream cheese, softened
315 g. granulated sugar
40 g. eggs yolks
245 g. heavy cream
½ cup unflavored gelatin powder
10 g. vanilla extract
Toasted sliced almonds
1. For mousse: Melt chocolate and cool. Bloom the gelatin in cold water; the gelatin will absorb the water.
2. In chilled mixing bowl with chilled beaters, beat cream until soft peaks form; set aside.
3. In another bowl, whisk egg yolks, whole eggs, milk powder, water and salt over a water not over mixWith using a hand one, you have more control of it. Once it turns thick, add the bloom gelatin and whisk. Once mixture is thickened, fold in melted chocolate into the yolk mixture; gently fold in whipped cream. Refrigerate mousse until set.
4. For cheesecake mixture, in mixer with paddle attachment, combine cream cheese and sugar on medium speed until smooth, scraping down bowl, as necessary. Add egg yolks, one at a time, until incorporated.
5. Add the cream, gelatin powder and vanilla; beat until blended. Refrigerate mixture until set.
6. In parfait glasses or to-go cups, layer chocolate mousse, cheesecake filling and toasted almonds; repeat layering chocolate mousse. Garnish with whipped topping, chocolate drizzle and toasted almonds.