Egg and Kale Breakfast Pizza
Source: Stanford University (Stanford, Calif.)
This healthy pizza features whole grain flatbread, kale and eggs. Serve it for breakfast or as a healthy snack.
1 halved whole grain flatbread
2 tbsp. parmesan
2 oz. sundried tomato & garlic pesto
2 oz. shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup sautéed kale, ribs removed
1 tsp. basil chiffonade
- Preheat hearth oven. Lightly brush edges of flatbread with olive oil.
- Lightly sprinkle edges of flatbread with 1 tablespoon parmesan, reserving additional tablespoon.
- Evenly spread pesto on flatbread.
- Evenly top with mozzarella and sprinkle with kale.
- Place in hearth oven until cheese is slightly melted, then remove.
- Place each egg individually onto flatbread. Place in hearth oven until eggs are set (sunny side up, about 1 minute), cheese is melted, and flatbread edges are crispy.
- Remove from oven and garnish with basil chiffonade and remaining Parmesan. Slice into thirds, with one egg per slice.