Fresh Herb and Goat Cheese Stuffed Grilled Portobellos
A large appetizer or a small meal, these meaty portobello mushrooms are stuffed with a creamy, herbed goat cheese and finished with a light salad.
24 large portobello mushrooms, stems removed
Extra-virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
24 oz. fresh goat cheese
8 small cloves garlic, minced
4 oz. fresh thyme
4 oz. fresh cilantro
4 oz. fresh rosemary
4 oz. fresh dill
4 oz. fresh basil leaves
1 cup panko bread crumbs
1 lb. arugula
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- Clean the dark black gills from the mushrooms. Drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and pepper. Place over medium heat on open barbecue grill, face down. After a few minutes, turn over and continue to cook.
- In mixing bowl, combine goat cheese with minced garlic, salt, pepper and the mixture of chopped fresh herbs and panko. Mix cheese until all ingredients have been incorporated and a nice creamy texture is achieved.
- When the mushrooms begin to get soft, add spoonful of goat cheese mixture into the center of each portobello.
- Bake in a 350°F oven for 7-8 minutes.
- Plate and top with arugula salad tossed with balsamic vinegar and olive oil.