Source: Yale Dining
Combining indulgent and healthful selections at a breakfast buffet station gives students the choice they crave. These fresh-from-the-fryer fritters qualify as a treat, but the grapes add antioxidants and fiber.
6 lbs. all-purpose flour
13 oz. sugar
3/4 oz. baking powder
58 fl. oz. egg, liquid, whole
1 1/2 qt. milk, 2%
6 1/2 lbs. black seedless grapes
Powdered sugar, for garnish
- Preheat a deep fryer to 300 F.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine flour, sugar and baking powder; stir to blend. Add eggs and milk. Mix on medium speed until just blended—do not overmix.
- Cut each grape in half. Mix the grapes into the batter.
- Using a #40 scoop, drop the batter into the oil. Deep-fry the fritters until they are golden brown, about 5 to 8 minutes.
- Plate 3 fritters per serving. If desired, sprinkle the fritters with powdered sugar before serving.