Jambalaya Pasta Bake
|Ingredients||Cheese, Dairy, Pasta, Pork, Poultry, Seafood, Vegetables|
Source: Michigan State University
Add a little spice to your menu with this Jambalaya Pasta Bake. Featuring chicken, shrimp and sausage, this dish is filling and flavorful.
11 oz. rotini pasta
3 1/3 tbsp. + 1/2 tsp. Seasoning Cajun Mix (recipe below)
1 lb. + 1 oz. 41-50 ct. shrimp
1 lb. + 2 oz. boneless, skinless chicken legs/thighs
1/4 cup + 1/2 tsp. olive oil blend
4 1/4 oz. diced yellow onion
4 1/4 oz. diced green bell pepper
11 oz. sliced Andouille sausage
1 1/3 tbsp. + 1/4 tsp. chopped garlic
1/2 cup + 3 tbsp. water
2 1/8 tsp. Minors chicken base
1 3/4 cup + 3 tbsp. canned diced tomatoes
2 1/8 tsp. chopped fresh thyme
1/2 cup + 3 tbsp. whipping cream
3/4 tsp. Heinz Worcestershire sauce
1 3/4 tsp. Tabasco sauce
4 3/4 oz. shredded Parmesan cheese
Seasoning Cajun Mix
Yield: 3 1/3 tablespoons + 1/2 teaspoon
1 3/4 tsp. paprika
1 3/4 tsp. garlic powder
1 3/4 tsp. onion powder
7/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
7/8 tsp. dried oregano
7/8 tsp. dried thyme
1 3/4 tsp. kosher salt
- Cook pasta until al dente. Drain, rinse with cold water, drain. Set aside.
- Coat thawed shrimp with 1/3 prepared Seasoning Cajun Mix. Marinate at least 1 hour.
- Large dice chicken thigh meat. Coat with 1/3 Seasoning Cajun Mix. Marinate at least 1 hour.
- In hot skillet or braiser, heat 1/3 of oil. Add marinated chicken to sear and cook through. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In same skillet or braiser, heat 1/3 of oil. Add marinated shrimp to sear and cook off. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In same skillet or braiser, heat remaining oil. Sauté diced onion and green pepper and sliced sausage until veggies are translucent and sausage is cooked through.
- Add chopped garlic, water and base to meat mixture. Stir to combine and dissolve base.
- Add tomatoes, thyme and remaining Seasoning Cajun Mix. Heat through.
- Add heavy cream, Worcestershire sauce and tabasco. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer. Add chicken and shrimp. Simmer 20 minutes.
- Turn off heat. Stir in cooked pasta. Mix until well combined.
- Portion 12 ounces pasta mixture into casserole dish topped with 0.5 ounces shredded Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350°F for 15 minutes, or until cheese browns. Reserve and serve warm, 145°F minimum.
Seasoning Cajun Mix
- Combine all ingredients and mix thoroughly. Set aside.