Apple pie filling is heaped into pie crusts and topped with caramel and pecans before enclosing in a top crust to bake. The aroma alone will make your customers hunger for more.
6 prepared refrigerated single unbaked pie crusts
3 1/2 qt. (126 oz.) LUCKY LEAF® Apple Pie Filling
1 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
1 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp. ground allspice
1 1/2 cups thick caramel sauce
1 1/2 cups chopped toasted pecans
Frozen yogurt or ice cream (vanilla, maple, cinnamon, almond, etc.)
- Preheat oven to 375°F conventional or 325°F convection.
- Place a bottom crust in each of three 10” pie plates. Reserve.
- In a large bowl, combine pie filling with spices until well mixed. Spoon equal amounts of pie filling mixture (1 qt. per pie) into each pie.
- Drizzle 1/2 cup of caramel sauce and sprinkle 1/2 cup pecans evenly over filling in each pie. Top each pie with 1 of the remaining crusts and seal edges of each pie tightly. Vent each pie with a fork.
- In a small bowl, whisk together egg and water and brush thoroughly over top of each pie. Sprinkle top of each pie evenly with sugar.
- Bake pies 40-45 minutes or until crust is golden and filling is piping hot (if pies brown too quickly, cover edges with aluminum foil to prevent over baking and browning). Remove from heat and let cool at least 30 minutes before slicing each pie into 8 slices to serve.
- To Serve: Serve each slice of pie with a scoop of ice cream or frozen yogurt.