Lebanese meatball with fire-roasted tomato sauce
|Menu Part||Appetizer/Small Plate|
This gluten-free and plant-based dish comes together quickly for an easy appetizer or side.
Fire-roasted tomato sauce:
1 pound of Roma tomatoes, halved
1 shallot, minced
3 cloves of garlic, crushed
5 sprigs of thyme
2 serrano peppers
½ white onion, chopped
1 tbsp. coriander
2 tsp. anise seed
3 pounds of Hormel Happy Little Plants Protein
8 oz. of mushrooms
1 tbsp. curry power
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper
1 clove of garlic
For the sauce:
- Char tomatoes and red pepper, and then chop roughly.
- Combine tomatoes and red pepper with spices, garlic and serrano pepper.
- Bring to a boil on stove and reduce to a simmer.
For the meatballs:
- Dice mushrooms and garlic; saute until reduced.
- Mix mushrooms and garlic with Happy Little Plants Protein and spices; form into balls and braise.
Top with fire-roasted tomato sauce.