Macaroni Baked Peppadew Ched Sauce
Source: Michigan State University
Bring on the cheese! With sharp cheddar and Velveeta cheese, this macaroni dish has the perfect amount of cheesiness.
14 1/2 oz. elbow macaroni
3 1/4 cup Supreme Sauce (recipe follows)
1 1/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese
5 oz. Velveeta cheese
5/8 tsp. smoked paprika
2 oz. piquante peppadew peppers
Yield: 0.52 hscp
1 1/2 oz. unsalted butter
1/4 cup + 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
1 tbsp. Minors sauted vegetable base
1 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp. whipping cream
1 1/2 cup + 3 tbsp. 2% milk
1/4 cup + 1/2 tsp. chardonnay
1 1/2 tsp. chopped fresh parsley
Dash kosher salt
Dash black pepper
- Cook pasta until al dente, drain, rinse with cold water, drain. Set aside.
- Prepare Supreme Sauce.
- Add cheddar and Velveeta cheeses to Supreme Sauce and whisk well to melt and combine.
- Add smoked paprika, stir well.
- Add peppadew peppers. Heat through.
- Portion 4 ounces cooked pasta into prepared casserole dish.Top each with 3.5 ounces cheese sauce.
- Bake at 350°F for 15 minutes, or until heated through.
- Melt butter at medium heat in steam kettle. Stir in flour to make roux. Cook 5 to 7 minutes.
- While whisking roux, slowly add base, whipping cream and milk.
- Bring to a low boil, stirring constantly. Simmer about 10 minutes.
- Stir in wine and fresh chopped parsley. Add salt and pepper, to taste. Simmer 10 minutes.
- Reserve and serve warm.