Maple Chicken Brussels Grain Bowl
Cura Hospitality, Elior North America
Allegheny Valley Hospital
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Cura Hospitality periodically creates seasonal plates that are served systemwide across its health care and senior living operations. This grain bowl, combining grilled chicken breast, fresh gala apples and roasted Brussels sprouts over quinoa, is slated for the fall season. A maple-apple vinaigrette and a topping of sunflower seeds and dried cranberries carry out the theme.
1 1/3 tbsp. apple cider
2¼ tsp. apple cider vinegar
5/8 tsp. maple syrup
¼ tsp. Dijon mustard
2¼ tsp. olive & canola oil blend
5/8 tsp. chopped parsley
Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
3 oz. boneless, skinless chicken breast
Olive & canola oil blend
1/8 tsp. kosher salt
Ground black pepper, to taste
3 oz. Brussels sprouts
1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
½ cup diced gala apples
½ cup shredded red cabbage
3 tbsp. maple-apple vinaigrette
¾ cup cooked quinoa
1 tbsp. dried cranberries
1 tbsp. roasted sunflower seeds
1. For vinaigrette, in blender, combine apple cider, vinegar, maple syrup and Dijon mustard. With blender on medium speed, slowly add oil; cover and blend for 1 minute. Add parsley and season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate until ready to use.
2. For bowl, brush chicken with a little of oil blend; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Preheat grill to medium-high. Place chicken on grill and cook through to 165 F., turning once. Cut into slices.
3. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400 F. Trim Brussels sprouts and cut into halves or quarters. Toss Brussels sprouts with oil to coat lightly.
4. On parchment-lined sheet pan, roast Brussels sprouts for 7 to 8 minutes until lightly browned. In small bowl, combine ½ cup water and lemon juice; add apples and hold until service. Drain before serving.
5. In medium bowl, combine ½ cup roasted Brussels sprouts, drained apples, cabbage and chicken. Add vinaigrette; toss to coat. For each bowl, layer quinoa and Brussels sprouts mixture; top with cranberries and sunflower seeds. Serve immediately.
Photo courtesy of Cura Hospitality/Elior North America