Source: MARS Foodservices
Sophistication never had so much fun. Semi-sweet graham cracker crumbs are combined with butter and sugar to create a crunchy crust, then topped with light and creamy chocolate pudding, a generous sprinkling of M&M’S Mini Semi-Sweet Chocolate Candies and a dollop of refreshing crème fraiche sweetened with whipped cream and vanilla.
6 tbsp. sugar
¾ cup unsalted butter
3 tbsp. cocoa powder
2 cups graham cracker crumbs
⅔ cup sugar
⅔ cup cocoa powder
¼ cup cornstarch
¼ tsp. salt
3 ½ cups whole milk, divided
¼ cup heavy whipping cream
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 cup crème fraîche
1 cup heavy whipping cream
¼ cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
½ cup M&M’S Mini Semi-Sweet Chocolate Candies
- Preheat conventional oven to 350˚F.
- Combine sugar, butter and cocoa powder in small saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Combine butter mixture with graham cracker crumbs in medium bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Press ⅓ cup of crumbs into each of eight 4-inch tart shells so bottom and sides are evenly covered. Bake for 10 minutes, or until crust is set and no longer looks moist. Let cool.
- For filling: Whisk sugar, cocoa powder, cornstarch and salt in heavy medium saucepan until blended. Gradually add ⅓ cup milk, whisking until smooth paste forms. Whisk in remaining milk and ¼ cup cream.
- Stir mixture constantly over medium heat, scraping bottom and sides of pan until pudding thickens and begins to bubble at edges, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and mix in vanilla.
- Pour hot pudding equally into crusts and spread evenly. Cool 1 hour at room temp. Cover with plastic wrap; chill overnight. (Can be made up to this point two days ahead. Keep refrigerated.)
- For topping: Beat crème fraîche, whipping cream, sugar and vanilla with electric mixer, just until stiff peaks form and mixture is thick enough to spread (do not overbeat).
- Dollop large spoonful onto each tart and sprinkle 1 tablespoon M&M’S Mini Semi-Sweet Chocolate Candies over top. Serve immediately.