A vegetable stock and plenty of fresh veggies make this just about as healthy as a soup can get. The use of gluten-free pasta gives the dish a wider appeal.
3 cups vegetable broth
1 (28-oz.) can diced tomatoes
1 (15-oz.) can garbanzo beans, drained
1 (15-oz.) can kidney beans, drained
1 carrot, peeled and diced
2 celery stalk, diced
1 medium onion, diced
1 tsp. dried thyme
1/2 tsp. dried oregano
Salt and ground black pepper
2 cups cooked gluten free pasta
1 medium zucchini, quartered
1 medium yellow squash, quartered
2 cups coarsely chopped fresh or frozen spinach, defrosted
3 tbsp. olive oil
1 tbsp. minced garlic
- Heat oil in a large pot, add onions, celery, carrots, garlic, squash and zucchini. Cook until tender. Add seasonings.
- Add diced tomatoes and vegetable broth. Add beans. Bring to a boil and simmer for 1 hour.
- Cook the pasta separately, and set aside until the soup is nearly finished simmering.
- Add the pasta and the spinach to the soup.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
Optional: garnish with fresh basil and parmesan