Pistachio pudding mix and confectioners sugar sweeten up this nutty treat.
1 box yellow cake mix
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 box (4 serving size) pistachio pudding instant mix
1 3/4 cup shortening
5 cups confectioner sugar
Pinch of salt
1 tsp. vanilla
2 tbsp. honey
- Heat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray cookie sheets with cooking spray or use non-stick pans.
- In large bowl, mix cookie ingredients on low speed until moistened. Beat one minute longer on high speed. Crop batter by 1/4 cupfuls, 2 inches apart on pans.
- Bake 13 to 16 minutes or until set. Do not overbake. Cool completely.
- Mix together filling ingredients. Whip on high speed until fluffy. Add a few drops of water if necessary.
- To assemble: Spread flat side on one cookie with a spoonful of filling. Top with another cookie.