|Ingredients||Vegetables, Nuts, Berries, Grains|
|Day Part||Dinner, Lunch|
|Menu Part||Side Dish|
This versatile pilaf captures the nutty flavor of quinoa, accented with onions, garlic, cranberries, pine nuts, parsley and ginger.
Butter - 6 Tbsp.
Onions, small diced - 1 ¾ cup
Garlic, minced - 1 Tbsp.
Ginger root, fresh, minced - 2 tsp.
Water, hot - 12 cups
MINOR’S Natural Gluten Free Vegetable Base- 4 Tbsp.
Quinoa, mixed red and white - 24 oz.
Cranberries, dried - 1 ¼ cups
Pine nuts, toasted - 4 oz.
Parsley, fresh, chopped - ½ cup
Lime juice, fresh - 2 Tbsp.
- In a large pot, melt butter. Add onions, garlic and ginger root; sauté 2-3 minutes
- Add water, Vegetable Base and quinoa to the onion mixture.
- Stir to combine. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes or until broth is absorbed. Remove from heat.
- Toss in cranberries, pine nuts, parsley and lime juice.
- Salt and pepper to taste. Serve warm or chilled
Dried cherries or blueberries may be combined with the cranberries to add depth to the flavor.