Red Lentil Penne with Mushroom Cream Sauce
Earthy, crunchy, smoky and smooth: this dish gives you all the textures to complement the beautiful red penne.
- 6 boxes Barilla Red Lentil Penne
- ¾ cup peas
- 5 quart chicken stock
- 6 ea Portabella mushrooms, diced
- ½ gal mushroom cream
- ¾ cup grilled corn kernels
- 6 tablespoon shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 cup mushroom base
- ½ cup smoked bacon, lardons
- 5 qt alfredo sauce
- For the mushroom sauce, combine the chicken stock, mushroom cream, mushroom base and alfredo sauce together and stir well. Set aside in the fridge for later use.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and season with salt. Cook the pasta for 3 minutes then drain and toss with some oil. Place onto a sheet tray and into the fridge to cool down.
- In a large rondo, combine Portabella mushrooms, grilled corn, smoked bacon, peas and mushroom cream, and bring to a simmer.
- Heat the red lentil pasta in a pasta cooker or hot boiling water for 1 minute.
- Add drained penne and simmer an additional minute.
- Plate the pasta and garnish with parmesan cheese.