Since the NRA Show takes place at McCormick Place in Chicago, a number of Chicago chefs were enlisted to show off their restaurants’ specialties. This Spanish-style omelet from Café Iberico can span the dayparts, making it appropriate for all-day breakfast, lunch or a snack.
4 large potatoes, peeled and sliced
1 large onion, diced
6 large eggs
1/2 cup olive oil
Salt, to taste
1. In large skillet, heat oil and add sliced potatoes and diced onions. Cook slowly on medium flame. Turn occasionally until potatoes are tender.
2. In large bowl, beat eggs with a fork and add salt to taste.
3. Drain potatoes and add to beaten eggs.
4. In large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of oil and add potato-egg mixture, spreading quickly. Lower heat to medium-high.
5. When potatoes begin to brown, flip by putting a plate on top of skillet. Lift potatoes and add another tablespoon of oil. Brown other side and cook for about 2 minutes.
Photo courtesy of Idaho Potato Commission