HOUSTON (May 20, 2013)—Sysco Corporation, North America's largest foodservice distribution company, introduced its new Solutions and Services business, which officially debuted at the 2013 National Restaurant Association (NRA) Show at McCormick Place in Chicago.
The launch of Sysco Solutions and Services (www.gobeyondfood.com) creates a "one-stop shop" for solutions that go beyond quality food products and supplies for stocking restaurant kitchens to provide customers with the additional tools they need to better compete and grow their restaurant business.
"While great food is the foundation, the ingredients for long-term success require the restaurants of tomorrow to go beyond the food they serve," said Brian Beach, president of Sysco Ventures. "From the front-of-the-house operations to the back, and everything in between, Sysco Solutions and Services offers customers an array of technology solutions and consulting services developed specifically for the foodservice industry."
Sysco Solutions and Services is taking a market-by-market rollout approach, with California serving as the first major market launch. More than 800 restaurants and foodservice operators have already signed up. Following another two to three major market pilots this summer, Sysco will initiate across its U.S. footprint on a regular, ongoing basis, beginning in September.
Sysco Solutions and Services will continuously review both existing and start-up technologies to potentially add to its growing portfolio of solutions. Of the hundreds reviewed to-date, four initial platforms were selected to provide the necessary tools to help customers become the operators of tomorrow.
Sysco Counts: Inventory and Ordering Mobile App Saves Time and Costs
Sysco Counts is a robust app that allows for mobile ordering and inventory management, while streamlining the time-consuming, but all-too-critical tasks of taking inventory and ordering products and supplies. From a single handheld device, the versatile app quickly tracks and verifies inventory. Customers can access product catalogs and place orders any time and from anywhere. Orders are tracked whether placed with Sysco or non-Sysco providers. Other key features:
- Streamlines inventory process by creating custom storage locations and product categories
- Generates orders based on inventory quantity on hand and par levels
- Identifies items below par levels with alert indicator
Leapset: POS System Connects Restaurants with Online, Mobile Customers
- Characterized as a smartphone specifically for restaurant operators, Sysco brings Leapset to customers, a next-generation Point of Sale (POS) system that enables restaurateurs to dynamically interact with their customers through a suite of mobile apps. Front-of-the-house solutions that enable restaurants to meet customers' ever-increasing online and mobile needs include customer online ordering and payment, online and in-store promotions, customer rewards, online menu access/updates and social media interaction. The Leapset portfolio also includes back-of-the-house solutions, such as inventory control, bookkeeping and daily cash closed reports and staff management. Other key advantages:
- Requires no upfront costs nor long-term contracts
- No bulky hardware required
- Syncs data in the Cloud
- Real-time updates enabling menu changes at any time, from anywhere
- All apps currently available in the Sysco Solutions and Services portfolio can be readily integrated into Leapset platform
MOGL: Turning Occasional Patrons into Regulars through Technology
Sysco's MOGL platform is a customer loyalty program that strategically drives repeat business, turning occasional patrons into regular diners who are spending more money, more often. With the MOGL online tool, customers register their credit card and then use that card to pay for food at any of MOGL's participating restaurants (currently only in California pilot market). Customers get 10 percent of their bill credited back to their card each month, with the customers with the highest spend winning a monthly jackpot. Additionally, for every ticket over $20, participating restaurants donate a meal to Feeding America, one the nation's leading hunger relief organizations. Other key features:
- Requires no special equipment or back office administration
- Provides daily stats on top customers, monthly spend, top spend by zip code
- Provides restaurants with dedicated profile page for enhanced online/mobile presence and search engine optimization
- Offers complimentary social media marketing via Facebook and Twitter to further increase online presence
Chef Ref: Culinary Expertise and Convenience at Your Fingertips
Sysco's Chef Ref mobile app is a handy culinary resource with thousands of on-trend recipes and meal ideas. Designed for Sysco customers, their restaurant patrons and the home cook alike, Chef Ref also includes information on the latest trends and tools, shopping lists for all listed recipes and step-by-step instructional videos to simplify even the most complicated culinary techniques. Chef Ref's recipes are created and tested by Sysco's in-house professional chefs and key suppliers. To download the free Chef Ref app to a mobile device, go to www.chefref.sysco.com.
Members help make our journalism possible. Become a Restaurant Business member today and unlock exclusive benefits, including unlimited access to all of our content. Sign up here.