This turkey dish has a divine Asian flare. Tenderloins are brushed with soy sauce, hoisin, beer, sugar, and mustard and grilled to enhance the flavor. Served over a bed of rice noodles and stir-fry vegetables and peanuts.
2 lb. skinless, boneless turkey breast
1⁄2 cup soy sauce
1⁄2 cup hoisin sauce
1⁄4 cup beer
2 tbsp. sugar
1 tbsp. dry mustard
1 lb. rice noodles
2 tbsp. peanut oil
4 cups sliced Chinese cabbage
1 red onion, slivered
1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
2 garlic cloves, minced
Fish sauce, to taste
Rice wine vinegar, to taste
1 cup chopped peanuts
Lime wedges and cilantro sprigs, for garnish
- Cut turkey breast into tenderloins. Combine soy sauce, hoisin, beer, sugar, and mustard; brush on turkey. Let stand 15 min.
- Grill tenderloins 3-4 min. per side, brushing with sauce mixture, or until internal temperature reaches 170°F.
- Soak noodles in water to soften. Heat oil in wok. Add cabbage, onion, bell pepper, and garlic; stir-fry 3 min. Add fish sauce and vinegar.
- Drain noodles and stir into vegetable mixture in wok. Cut turkey into thin slices.
- For service, portion out noodle mixture and top with turkey slices and peanuts. Garnish with lime and cilantro.