Offer a sweet and savory item consumers won’t be able to resist. Apples, bacon and sweet potatoes are brought together to create a distinctive, rich breakfast treat.
3 cups Pancake mix, prepared
1 lb. Bacon, diced
1 lb. Fuji or other firm, sweet apple, diced
1 ¼ cups Sweet Things® Original Mashed Sweet Potatoes (M0007), thawed
As needed Confectioner’s sugar
- Fry bacon until crisp. Place on paper towel to drain. Drain off excess fat in pan.
- Add diced apple and fry until soft. Set aside.
- In large bowl, fold in sweet potatoes, bacon and apple into pancake batter.
- Lightly oil medium-hot griddle. Ladle batter onto griddle. When bubbles appear on pancake, turn and fry until golden brown.
- Serve dusted with confectioner’s sugar.