Source: The California Olive Industry
Braised turkey in a broth of tomatoes, olives balsamic vinegar, rosemary and garlic is sprinkled with Parmesan cheese and served over egg noodles for hearty winter fare.
6 lb. turkey breast halves, boneless and skinless
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 oz. vegetable oil
2 -1/2 lb. canned, diced tomatoes, drained
8 oz. California ripe olives, wedged, drained
2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp. fresh rosemary, chopped
4 garlic cloves, minced
3 oz. Parmesan cheese, shredded
3 lb. egg noodles
Chopped parsley, grated Parmesan and whole olives, optional
- Season turkey with salt and pepper. In a stockpot, heat oil. Cook turkey in hot oil until browned on all sides.
- Add tomatoes, olives, balsamic, rosemary and garlic. Cover and simmer 30 min. until turkey is tender. Let cool in sauce.
- Remove turkey from sauce. Cut into thick slices and lay, partially overlapping in steam table pan. Pour sauce over turkey and sprinkle with cheese.
- Cook noodles until tender, drain.
- Portion 1-1/2 cups noodles on each plate. Top with 2 slices turkey. Garnish with parsley, cheese and whole olives, if desired.