This savory recipe uses veal cheeks braised with Knorr® Demi-Glace. It also works well with beef and pork.
10 lb Veal, cheeks
4 cup Flour, seasoned
Corn oil for Sauteeing
6 Onions, peeled and chopped
1 tbsp Garlic(1), chopped
4 whole Serrano pepper or jalapeno, chopped
0.5 gal Tomatoes, plum, peeled and seeded
2 qt Knorr Ultimate Roasted Beef Base 6 x 1 Lb, prepared
1 qt Coffee, brewed
4 cup Red wine
2 tbsp Cumin, seeds, toasted, ground
32 oz Knorr Demi-Glace Sauce Mix 4 x 28 OZ, prepeared
1 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- Dust veal with seasoned flour, brown off in hot oil in a braiser.
- Remove meat, add onions, cook til light brown.
- Add tomatoes, red wine, coffee, peppers, garlic and cumin.
- Add beef base, demi glace and balsmaic vinegar, Cook until meat is tender and remove meat.
- Adjust consistency of the sauce and seasoning to taste. Puree sauce.