Source: Snake River Farms
Cupcake concepts might have peaked, but bite-size cupcakes are here to stay. The tiny treats feel like an indulgence but don’t add up to a lot of calories. At Babycakes, the carrot cupcakes crowned with creamy white frosting are best sellers.
1 cup vegetable oil
2 tbsp. vanilla extract
4 cups sugar
4 cups flour
3 tbsp. baking soda
1 tbsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. salt
6 cups grated carrots
32 oz. Kobe shi tallow
6 cups confectioners’ sugar
1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease small muffin cups.
- Prepare Cupcakes: In mixing bowl, combine eggs, oil and vanilla; beat gently. Add sugar; beat on low speed 1 to 2 min. until well blended.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Add to wet ingredients and beat to mix thoroughly.
- Add grated carrots; mix until well blended, scraping down sides of bowl. Do not overmix or let batter sit.
- Fill muffin cups 3/4 full. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Meanwhile: prepare Frosting: In mixing bowl, beat tallow on high speed for 1 min. or until smooth and glossy. Gradually beat in confectioners’ sugar, small amounts at a time, beating on med. speed until fully incorporated. Beat in vanilla extract.
- Spread frosting on cooled cupcakes.