Playfully presented in a teacup, this chai pudding is a creamy, cool and sweet treat. Whipped cream and almond biscotti dust are a delightful garnish.
1⁄2 cup plus 2 tbsp. sugar
1⁄4 cup cornstarch
1⁄4 tsp. salt
1 1⁄3 cups half-and-half
2 2⁄3 cup chai tea
Whipped cream, for garnish
Almond biscotti, ground into “dust” for garnish
1. In a medium-sized heavy saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch, and salt.
2. Gradually stir in half-and-half until smooth. Whisk in tea.
3. Over medium heat, stir mixture constantly until it begins to thicken. Reduce heat to low. Bring to a simmer, stirring, and cook approx. 1 min.
4. Remove from heat and pour into teacups. Press plastic wrap directly onto the surface to prevent a skin from forming. Refrigerate for at least two hours.
5. To serve, remove plastic wrap, garnish with whipped cream and ground biscotti dust.