Crab Fettuccini Alfredo
The sweet flavor of crab, paired with crisp snow peas, lends itself well to the rich, creamy cheeses in this fresh alfredo sauce.
1 lb. crab meat
8 tbsp. butter
24 oz. heavy cream
1 cup sun-dried tomatoes (in oil), chopped
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 cup grated Romano cheese
8 oz. snow peas, trimmed and blanched
1 lb. fettuccini, cooked according to package directions and rinsed with cold water
Fresh basil to garnish
- Heat large saute pan and add butter.
- A dd cream and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer until cream begins to turn pale yellow and reduces by 25%.
- Stir in sun-dried tomatoes and cheeses. Stir well until sauce is smooth.
- Add crab meat, stirring gently in order not to break up any large lumps, then add snow peas and fettuccini. Stir gently until well combined and heated throughout.
- Garnish with fresh basil.