Source: Yield: four to six quarts
With a quick pickling application of hot vinegar brine flavored with dill, garlic and Thai chilies, Urban Farmer’s Executive Chef Matt Christianson enhances the earthy flavor of fresh green beans with a spicy and tangy bite to create these Dilly Green Bean Pickles.
5 lbs. green beans, raw, trimmed
3 cups distilled white vinegar
5 cups water
12 each garlic cloves
6 each dill weed heads
6 tbsp. dill seed
6 each Thai chilies
4-6 wide-mouth glass quart jars
- Bring the liquids to a simmer on the stove and keep hot.
- Pack each jar with green beans, one chili, one tbsp. dill seed, one dill top and two garlic cloves.
- Pour enough pickling liquid over the product to come just to the neck of the jar.
- Screw, hand tight, the lid on top of each jar and process the jars in a steamer or submerged in boiling water for 5 minutes.
- Allow jars to cool to room temp. Check the jars to make sure none are “popped.” Label and date the product.