|Ingredients||Vegetables, Nuts, Fruits|
|Day Part||Dinner, Lunch|
|Menu Part||Appetizer/Small Plate|
This delightfully refreshing salad pairs delicate endive with raisins and apricots and feta cheese. A lemon-mustard vinaigrette dresses the salad nicely.
6 large endive
1 cup dried apricots, finely diced
1 cup golden raisins
3⁄4 cup pinenuts
1 1⁄2 cups crumbled feta
Salt and pepper, as needed
Lemon-mustard vinaigrette, as needed
1. Trim the endive and cut lengthwise into thin spears.
2. Plump apricots and raisins in water or white wine, if desired.
3. Toast pinenuts and set aside.
4. In a large bowl, combine endive spears, apricots, raisins, pinenuts and half the feta. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Mix in lemon-mustard vinaigrette and top each plate with remaining feta.