This rich, creamy soup is made with an array of ingredients that tantalize the taste buds and warm the soul. Served with a variety of vegetables and spices, you’ll fill the air with delightful aromas that are sure to please.
4 oz. blended oil
4 large onions
½ cup RC Chopped Garlic in Oil
12 lbs. carrots rough cut with skin left on
6 lbs. cubed butternut squash
1½ gallons prepared RC Healthy Foundations™ Gluten-Free Chicken Base
½ gallon orange juice
3 bay leaves
1 teaspoon white pepper
1 Tablespoon salt
1 cup RC Ginger Puree
¼ teaspoon nutmeg
¼ teaspoon ground thyme
RC Orange Extract to taste
(yield – 2½ gallons)
- In a heavy gage soup pot, heat blended oil and chopped onions then brown slightly.
- Add RC Chopped Garlic in Oil and sauté until aromatic.
- Add carrots, butternut squash prepared RC Healthy Foundations™ Gluten-Free Chicken Base, orange juice & bay leaves.
- Cook mixture covered until carrots & squash are tender enough to puree.
- Puree soup and add rest of ingredients.
- Finish seasoning with RC Orange Extract.