|Day Part||Dinner, Lunch|
|Menu Part||Appetizer/Small Plate|
Serve up a fried-to-perfection chicken dish drizzled with a maple chipotle glaze for a meal that’s sure to please. Made with Healthy Foundations™ Reserve Collections Vegetable Base.
1 package RC Creamy Buttermilk & Herb Salad Dressing Mix (dry)
1 quart cider vinegar
3 – 3½ lb. Chickens cut in 8 pieces
5 lbs. white rice flour
7 oz. tapioca starch
10 oz. potato starch
1 cup Healthy Foundations™ Gluten-Free Vegetable Base (dry)
24 egg whites, lightly beaten
Canola oil for frying (as needed)
Maple Chipotle Glaze
1 quart maple syrup
2½ Tablespoons RC Chipotle Chile Flavor Concentrate
4 sage leaves
(Yield - 1 quart)
- Combine maple syrup, RC Chipotle Chile Flavor Concentrate and sage leaves in a sauce pan and heat for 15-20 minutes at just a simmer. Strain and hold for service
- Combine RC Creamy Buttermilk & Herb Salad Dressing Mix (dry) with cider vinegar and add cut up chicken. Blend well and marinate for 4-12 hours refrigerated, overnight would be best.
- To make the coating mixture, combine white rice flour, tapioca & potato starch with Healthy Foundations™ Gluten-Free Vegetable Base in a bowl and blend until all are incorporated.
- Heat canola oil to 275°F.
- Remove chicken from marinate and drain thoroughly. Dredge chicken pieces in dry seasoned coating & remove any excess. Dip into egg whites then return pieces to coating and let sit completely covered in coating for 3-4 minutes.
- Shake off any excess coating and fry in canola oil skin side down until internal temperature reaches 170°F. Drain fried chicken on a rack. Drizzle fried chicken with Maple Chipotle Glaze and serve.