Source: Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute
Fresh Alaskan crab and a creamy Alfredo sauce elevate these personal pizzettas beyond everyday pizza. Crumbled bacon and a chiffonade of fresh basil a complementary garnish, stacking layers of bold flavor.
1 cup shredded provolone cheese
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
8 balls pizza dough (3 oz. each)
1/2 cup olive oil, for brushing
1 1/4 lb. Alaska crab meat
4 tsp. Italian seasoning
2 tsp. Kosher salt
2 tsp. ground black pepper
1/2 cup prepared Alfredo sauce
1 1/2 cups finely diced tomatoes
1/2 cup + 2 tbsp. bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
8 tbsp. fresh basil leaves, cut in thin strips (chiffonade)
- Prepare Cheese Mixture: Combine both cheeses and store in covered container. Refrigerate until needed.
- Prepare Pizza Dough: Preheat grill. Pull and stretch each dough ball into an individual round pizzetta. Brush one side of each dough circle with olive oil; place oiled-side down on hot grill. Cook until dough starts to rise and bubble. Brush second side of pizzetta with oil and flip over. Cook until dough has grill marks, being careful not to burn. Repeat until all dough is grilled. Cover and set aside.
- Prepare Topping: Season crab with Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Refrigerate until needed.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spread 1 grilled pizzetta crust with 1 tbsp. Alfredo sauce; sprinkle with 1/4 cup cheese mixture, 2½ oz. seasoned crab, 2 tbsp. tomatoes and 1 tbsp. crumbled bacon.
- Bake in hot oven until cheese is bubbly, 5 to 8 min. Remove and cut into quarters. Top with 1 tbsp. basil chiffonade.