|Ingredients||Seafood, Vegetables, Beans, Bread|
|Day Part||Dinner, Lunch|
A great use for day-old bread. It soaks up the flavors of the tomatoes, olive oil, and vinegar. The grilled shrimp and cannellini beans make a hearty meal out of this simple salad.
2 lb. plum tomatoes, quartered
2 tbsp. olive oil
2⁄3 cup red wine vinegar
1 cup olive oil
8 cups day-old ciabatta bread, cut into 1-in. cubes
1 large red onion, sliced
2 cups cucumber, sliced
40 large shrimp, tail-on
2 cups canned cannellini beans, rinsed
1 cup fresh basil, torn into small pieces
1. Arrange a single layer of tomatoes on a parchment-lined sheet pan and drizzle with olive oil. Roast in a 250° F oven for 45 min. until tomatoes are tender. Cool.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together red wine vinegar and olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
3. Place day-old bread cubes on baking sheet; toast until slightly crisp. Let cool, and return bread to the bowl.
4. Add the roasted tomatoes, red onion, cucumber, cannellini beans and basil to the bowl; toss with just enough reserved vinaigrette to coat. Cover and let stand at room temperature approx. 20 min.
5. Meanwhile, grill shrimp until cooked through. Arrange shrimp on the salad. Drizzle with additional vinaigrette if necessary, and serve. Garnish with additional fresh basil, if desired.