Kebabs with Salsa Verde
|Day Part||Lunch, Dinner|
|Menu Part||Appetizer/Small Plate|
Steak and shrimp are marinated in a garlicky mixture, put on skewers and grilled to perfection. Served with salsa verde, these kebabs are a spicy, fragrant delight.
1 1⁄2 cups red wine
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 onion, finely chopped
1 tbsp. dry mustard
4 sprigs fresh thyme
1⁄2 cup basil
1⁄4 cup arugula
3 tbsp. capers
1⁄2 tsp. mustard
1 clove garlic
6 anchovy fillets
1⁄2 tsp. lemon juice
1⁄2 cup olive oil
3 1⁄2 lb. sirloin steaks, cut into 48 1-in. cubes
32 jumbo shrimp
1. In a saucepan, combine marinade ingredients and simmer for 3 min. Remove from heat and set aside. Blend ingredients in a blender and adjust seasoning.
2. Toss steak and shrimp with the marinade and refrigerate for 4-6 hr.
3. Add salsa verde ingredients, except oil, to a blender. Blend and slowly drizzle oil until sauce is emulsified.
4. Place meat and shrimp on skewers and grill.
5. Brush kebabs with salsa verde; serve remaining sauce on the side.