A crisp pizza with complementary flavors. Clams, bacon and Parmesan cheese topping make this pizza smell and taste great.
1 lb. littleneck clams
1 (5-oz.) ball pizza dough
Cornmeal, as needed
3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
1 tbsp. olive oil
2 cups diced tomatoes
2 tbsp. chopped parsley
4 oz. bacon, fried crisp
1⁄2 cup grated parmesan
- Steam clams until shells open, about 4-5 min.; cool.
- Meanwhile, pat and shape dough into a 12-in. circle. Sprinkle cornmeal on a pizza stone or baking sheet and place dough circle on top.
- In skillet, sauté garlic in oil 2-3 min. Remove clams from shells and add with tomatoes; cook 1 min. Stir in parsley.
- Spread tomato mixture over pizza dough, leaving a 1-in. border around edges. Scatter bacon and parmesan on top.
- Bake pizza in preheated oven (about 500°F) 6-8 min., until brown and crisp.