Source: American Pistachio Growers
Mediterranean-style dishes are favorites of American diners—they are perceived as healthy, fresh and flavorful. This colorful chicken preparation boasts the sunny flavors of lemon, garlic and oregano contrasted by the crunchy texture of pistachios and the bright red of tomatoes.
4 tbsp. olive oil, divided
1 small onion, finely chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 package (10 oz.) frozen spinach
Kosher salt and ground black pepper
1 tsp. dried oregano
Juice and grated zest of 1 lemon
4 oz. feta cheese, crumbled
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
3/4 cup shelled pistachios, chopped
1 pt. cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in large sauté pan over med.-high heat. Add onion; sauté until translucent, about 5 min. Add garlic and cook 1 min. more.
- Squeeze liquid from spinach and add spinach to skillet. Stir in salt and pepper to taste, oregano and lemon zest. Increase heat to high and cook until all liquid is evaporated, about 1 min. Remove from heat; let cool. Stir in feta cheese and set aside.
- Butterfly the chicken breasts. Stuff each breast with one-fourth the stuffing, letting it overflow at the edges. Drizzle 1 tbsp. olive oil in rimmed baking pan; place stuffed chicken breasts in pan. Squeeze lemon juice over and top with pistachio nuts. Drizzle chicken with 1 tbsp. olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place tomatoes in another baking pan; drizzle with remaining 1 tbsp. olive oil. Add 1 tsp. salt and ½ tsp. pepper; toss to coat.
- Put both baking pans in preheated oven and roast 20 min. or until chicken juices run clear. Top chicken breasts with roasted tomatoes.