Golden brown and tender pork cutlets are served on thick slices of sourdough bread. A spicy ratatouille adds color, texture and delectable flavor.
3/4 cup white onions, diced
1 cup red pepper, diced
1 1/2 cup zucchini, diced
1 bulb fennel, sliced
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 cup dry white wine
1 tbsp. garlic, chopped
1 cup diced Roma tomatoes
1 bouquet garni
16 (1 1/2-oz.) pork scaloppine
1 cup breadcrumbs
Peanut oil, as needed
16 sourdough bread slices, toasted
- Sauté onion, pepper, zucchini, and fennel in olive oil.
- Cook wine, garlic, tomatoes, and bouquet garni 8 min.
- Add sautéed onions and peppers and cook until almost dry. Then add sautéed zucchini and fennel.
- Pound and breadcrumb the pork using an egg wash. Sauté in peanut oil until golden brown.
- Divide ratatouille among 8 slices of toast, add two slices pork to each. Cover with other slice of toast.